A practical approach to the diagnosis and treatment of tropical skin diseases! Readers will find concise discussions of epidemiology, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, pathology, laboratory tests, management, and prevention for both common and rare conditions. And, over 800 color photographs and diagrams deliver excellent visual guidance.Table of Contents
- Examines the full range of tropical skin diseases, both common and rare, as well as issues for travelers, important considerations for people working in the tropics, and non-infectious conditions.
- Makes guidance easy to find and apply with consistently organized, templated chapters.
- Illustrates the appearance of disease with color artwork and hundreds of color photographs.
- Structures clinical guidance by disease rather than by microbe or "bug".
- Integrates the knowledge and experience of internationally recognized experts in dermatology from the United States, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia.
Doody's Rating: * * *
This is a valuable addition to any dermatologist's library. It is short and concise enough to be read cover to cover, and yet authoritative enough to be used as a reference as well. Just be careful where you leave the book -- some of the photos may be quite graphic for the uninitiated!
Weighted Numerical Score: 89
By Steven Tyring, MD, PhD, MBA Professor of Dermatology, Microbiology/Molecular Genetics and Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX; Omar Lupi, MD, MSC, PhD, Associate Professor of Dermatology, Universidade Fereral do Estado do Rio de Janeiro; Professor of Internal Medicine, Universidade do Estdo do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and Ulrich Hengge, Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Dusseldorf, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany