Essential Orthopaedics and Trauma, 5th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
New edition of a classic textbook on orthopaedics and trauma for medical students and junior doctors now available with StudentConsult access [an on-line student learning facility available from Elsevier]
New to This Edition
- Extensive update on trauma management reflects recent changes in the field – for instance, the use of locking plates in osteoporotic fractures
- Contains additional clinical images including new X-rays and MRI scans
- Chapter learning objectives help guide self-study
- Includes new topics covered such as biological treatments and gene therapies
- Chapter summaries aid retention of key facts
- Now available on StudentConsult– the unique online learning facility that provides fully searchable text on-line, image downloads and further valuable self-study aids!
- New edition of a classic student text now available in full colour!
- Clear writing style and full artwork programme makes learning easy and enjoyable
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter enables the reader to assess his or her learning progress
- Additional case studies provides practical examples of patient management to bring the subject to life
- Common conditions are given more discussion to reflect frequency with which the student or practitioner will encounter them
By David J. Dandy, MD, MA, MChir, FRCS, Emeritus Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK; and Dennis J. Edwards, MBChB, FRCS(Orth), Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge