Hematology, 5th Edition
Basic Principles and Practice, Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
This leading text reflects both the new direction and explosive growth of the field of hematology. Edited and written by practitioners who are the leaders in the field, the book covers basic scientific foundations of hematology while focusing on its clinical aspects. This edition has been thoroughly updated and includes ten new chapters on cellular biology, haploidentical transplantation, hematologic manifestations of parasitic diseases, and more. The table of contents itself has been thoroughly revised to reflect the rapidly changing nature of the molecular and cellular areas of the specialty. Over 1,000 vivid images, now all presented in full color for the first time, include a collection of detailed photomicrographs in every chapter, selected by a hematopathology image consultant. What's more, this Expert Consult Premium Edition includes access to the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable and updated quarterly by Dr. Hoffman himself.
New to This Edition
- Ten cutting-edge new chapters - on cellular biology, haploidentical transplantation, hematologic manifestations of parasitic diseases, and more - keep you completely current.
- More than 1,000 vibrant images, all presented in full color for the first time, include a collection of detailed photomicrographs in several chapters selected by a hematopathology image consultant.
- An enhanced clinical focus makes actionable information easier to find and apply.
- Enhanced coverage of pediatric hematology reflects the supervision of new section editor Helen Heslop, MD, FRCPA, FRACP.
- A multidisciplinary approach from a unique team of specialists delivers well-rounded guidance on every topic.
- "Red boxes" present the authors' unique personal strategies for diagnosis and treatment.
- An intuitively re-designed table of contents makes information easier than ever to find.
- Online access allows you to rapidly search the entire contents of the book.
- Regular online updates personally overseen by Dr. Hoffman keep you apprised of important new developments.
"Reflect[s] the state of the art. This is an excellent textbook that will appeal to a broad range of readers." - JAMA, review of previous edition
By Ronald Hoffman, MD, Eileen Heidrick Professor of Oncology, Chief, Section of Hematology-Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Bruce Furie, MD, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chief, Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA; Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, Jack D. Myers Professor and Chairman, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Attending Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA; Philip McGlave, MD, Cecil J. Watson Professor of Medicine, Director, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN; Leslie E. Silberstein, MD, Director, Joint Program in Transfusion Medicine, Children’s Hospital Boston, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, And Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Professor of Pathology (Pediatrics), Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; and Sanford J. Shattil, MD, Professor, Departments of Vascular Biology and Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA