Neurology and General Medicine, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Better understand your patients' complete medical profile and provide the best possible care! This one-of-a-kind reference provides a practical look at neurological disease and how it affects, and is affected by, other disease. It helps neurologists manage patients with co-existing medical conditions, and helps internists understand and treat the neurological manifestations of patients' primary diseases. A new emphasis on diagnosis and managementincluding advances in pharmacology, genetic-based therapies, and new imaging techniquesmakes this 4th Edition more clinically valuable than ever!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expanded chapters emphasize key diagnostic and therapeutic information, including appropriate testing and treatments for neurological disease.
- An emphasis on advances in pharmacology and new imaging techniques helps you better manage your patients and understand how new drugs or therapies will affect your patients and practice.
- New chapters on auditory and vestibular disease, ocular disease, and cutaneous disease provide a well-rounded look at the specialty.
- Updated illustrations make complex concepts easier to understand and apply.
- Focused content highlights the vital links between neurology and other medical specialties, promoting a better understanding of all disciplines, as well as enhancing patient care.
- Comprehensive coverage of advances in pharmacology, such as new antibiotics for infectious diseases, helps you successfully manage a full range of diseases and disorders.
- An interdisciplinary team of authors provides insight into the neurological aspects of the conditions you see in daily practice.
- Easy-to-read chapters apply equally well to neurologists and non-neurologists, providing essential knowledge that covers the full spectrum of medical care.
"Highly recommend it to neurologists, and any other medical professional who would like to better understand the neurological sequela of general medical disorders."—Epilepsy Research, review of last edition.
By Michael J. Aminoff, MD, DSc, FRCP, Professor of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine; Attending Physician and Director of the Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratories, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, CA