Abeloff's Clinical Oncology, 4th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition: Enhanced Online Features and Print
Carrying on the tradition established by its founding editor, the late Dr. Martin Abeloff, the 4th Edition of this respected reference synthesizes all of the latest oncology knowledge using a practical, clinically focused, easy-to-use approach. It incorporates basic science, pathology, diagnosis, management, outcomes, rehabilitation, and prevention all in one convenient resource - equipping you to overcome your toughest clinical challenges. What's more, you can access the complete contents of this Expert Consult Premium Edition online, plus regular updates to keep your practice current . . . board-style self-assessment questions . . . downloadable illustrations . . . and many other advanced features that make it even more indispensable for your practice!
New to This Edition
- Offers access the book's complete contents online – fully searchable – from anyplace with an Internet connection.
- Features regular updates online to reflect important new discoveries and clinical guidelines, plus downloadable illustrations, board-style self-assessment questions, and many other advanced online features.
- Presents discussions on cutting-edge new topics including nanotechnology, functional imaging, signal transduction inhibitors, hormone modulators, complications of transplantation, and much more.
- Includes an expanded color art program that highlights key points, illustrates relevant science and clinical problems, and enhances your understanding of complex concepts.
- Equips you to select the most appropriate tests and imaging studies for diagnosing and staging each type of cancer, and manage your patients most effectively using all of the latest approaches.
- Explores all of the latest scientific discoveries' implications for cancer diagnosis and management.
- Employs a multidisciplinary approach - with contributions from pathologists, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and surgical oncologists - for well-rounded perspectives on the problems you face.
- Offers a user-friendly layout with a consistent chapter format • summary boxes • a full-color design • and more than 1,445 illustrations (1,200 in full color), to make reference easy and efficient.
"Well-written, authoritative and comprehensive . . . a useable, readable text that postgraduate trainees in medicine and surgery, fellows, and practicing oncologists will find useful in the care and management of cancer patients. It is well worth the price." - JAMA
By Martin D. Abeloff, MD, Eli Kennerly Marshall Jr. Professor and Chairman, Department of Oncology, The John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Oncologist-in-Chief, The John Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Baltimore, MD; James O. Armitage, MD, Henry J. Lehnhoff Professor and Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE; John E. Niederhuber, MD, Director, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Assistant Dean for Oncology, Wattawa Professor-Bascom, Departments of Surgery and Oncology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI; Michael B. Kastan, MD, PhD, Chair, Department of Hematology/Oncology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN; and W. Gillies McKenna, MD, PhD, Henry K. Pancoast Professor and Chairman, Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA