Biomedical Acupuncture for Pain Management
An Integrative Approach
Synthesizing biomedicine and traditional acupuncture, this unique clinical manual allows medical professionals to learn acupuncture and implement it immediately into practice with ease. Biomedical Acupuncture for Pain Management explains the biomedical mechanism of acupuncture, as well as the non-specific nature of acupuncture and its neuro-psycho-immunological modulation. This straightford system of acupuncture - termed INMAS by the authors - provides a quantitative method to predict the effectiveness of treatment for each patient and an individually adjustable protocol for pain patients.Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Integrative Neuromuscular Acupoint System (INMAS), as well as the Homeostatic Acupoint System (HAS), help western-trained acupuncturists understand classical techniques
- A 16-point evaluation method provides a reliable quantitative method to accurately arrive at prognosis
- Clinically relevant, integrative treatment approach in user-friendly language
- Numerous detailed tables, photos, and line drawings to help readers understand the anatomy, symptomatic signs, and clinical procedures
- Clear chapters organized by regional condition for easy readability and flow
- Case studies to assist with application of concepts in clinical practice
- Unique, clinical procedures for pain management with sections on examination and needling methods
- Two appendices for quick reference of acronyms, abbreviations, and the 24 homeostatic acupoints
- Up-to-date information on the latest techniques, including a chapter on electroacupuncture
Being a fourth-generation practitioner of TCM with 40 years of clinical experience, as well as being a Master of Qigong and director of the TCM Research Institute wherein my duties include teaching Chinese medicine to medical professionals worldwide, I deeply believe that this book, Biomedical Acupuncture for Pain Management: An Integrative Approach, is a milestone on the road toward integration of acupuncture into mainstream medicine and that it will open the door of acupuncture therapy to Western healthcare professionals.
-- Song Zhen-zhi, OMD, PhD
Executive Secretary of the Chinese Association of Outstanding Acupuncture Techniques
Laureate of "The 100 Best TCM Doctors in China"
This book is an indispensable guide to effectively incorporating acupuncture into any modern medical practice. The INMAS system is understandable and a brilliant distillation of this complex ancient healing art. I strongly endorse this innovative and practical textbook for all physicians who deal with neuromuscular symptoms.
-- Francene Mason, MD
Author of the book The FORCE Program: The Proven Way to Fight Cancer Through Physical Activity and Exercise