A Volume in the Series: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This new volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs all of today's most essential dermatopathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, abundant full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to access. Over 1,100 full-color photographs capture the appearance of a full range of skin lesions. And, Expert Consult functionality gives you easy access to the full text online as well as all of the book’s images for enhanced visual guidance.Table of Contents
• Features online access to the full text and all the illustrations from the book, with links to PubMed, for easy referencing at expertconsult.com.
• Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the skin.
• Provides detailed discussions of metabolic, systemic, allergic, infectious, and inflammatory skin diseases as well as cutaneous neoplasms giving you well-rounded, comprehensive coverage.
• Offers over 1,100 full-color, high-quality photographs that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of
pathologic lesions offering enhanced diagnostic guidance.
• Employs a consistent, user-friendly organization throughout to present each pathologic entity's gross and microscopic features, prognostic and therapeutic considerations, ancillary studies, and differential diagnoses.
• Presents information in boxes and tables for at-a-glance reference.
"I liked the layout of this textbook and it provided an excellent synopsis of the diseases that were included. The book is also accessible online...It is a textbook that should be available in all training departments for both dermatologists and histopathologist."
The Bulletin, October 2010
"Busam and a group of experienced diagnostic dermatopathologists hit that mark precisely with this text...Books offering an introduction to the field and those aiming to cover the "essentials" also abound. What sets this volume apart, however, is the emphasis on differential diagnosis, logical organization, and liberal use of summary tables. Very few books are as practical for a busy practicing pathologist or resident as this volume." - Barbara M. Egbert, MD, Doody's Review Service
By Klaus J. Busam, MD, Attending Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA and Klaus J. Busam, MD, Attending Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA