Obstetric Ultrasound, 3rd Edition
How, Why and When
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Highly illustrated and practical, this introduction to obstetric ultrasound provides a step-by-step guide for those new to ultrasound as well as a source of reference for the more experienced ultrasonographer. The content details the use of ultrasound in all aspects of pregnancy, as well as many other commonly encountered gynecological situations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Completely rewritten and updated, this text features the most current information available.
- A large number of new illustrations, including many full-color Doppler images, highlight important topics.
- Color is used throughout the book, creating a fresh, vibrant look.
- New chapter on screening includes new material on screening for Down's Syndrome, a critical topic in this field.
- New information on medico-legal implications, audit, and safety provide the reader with knowledge of real-world issues.
- The order of material follows a logical approach to the use of ultrasound in pregnancy that's easy to learn and remember.
- Comprehensive and user-friendly, this resource provides basic knowledge of the ultrasound.
- The content offers accurate, precise, relevant, and applicable information that could be useful for a new student or an experienced practitioner.
- High-quality images aid the reader in coming to an understanding of difficult topics.
". . . an essential reference for people starting out in obstetric ultrasound, be they medical or technical"Radiology Now
. . a practical manual...admirably suited for those new to ultrasonography who need to know its easy terminology and physical basis, and a basic technique to follow."Placenta
. . easy to read, simple to understand but comprehensive account of ultrasound used in obstetric practice . . . mine of relevant information."Midwifery
Ultrasound is a leader in its field and the 314 pages make an easy read with good photographic and diagrammatic illustrations. It compares favourably with other ultrasound books on the market because it is so comprehensive and user friendly."Midirs Midwifery Digest
By Patricia Chudleigh, Ultrasound Editor, The Parthenon Publishing Group, London, UK; and Basky Thilaganathan, Director of Fetal Medicine, Fetal Medicine Unit, St. George's Hospital, London, UK