Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 3rd Edition
NOT YET PUBLISHED
No other quick reference comes close to covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases of dogs and cats. Providing easy-to-use, cutting-edge information, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 3rd Edition is like six books in one - with concise coverage of diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and a drug formulary. Revised from cover to cover, this edition includes dozens of all-new chapters to keep you ahead of all the latest topics. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website featuring an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images in color, a searchable drug formulary, and 150 client education handouts in both English and Spanish.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Dozens of all-new chapters keep you up to date on the latest topics, including:
- methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections
- exercise-induced collapse of Labrador retrievers
- lymphoma rescue therapy
- acute coccygeal myopathy
- delayed postoperative hemorrhage in greyhounds
- phalangeal disorders
- benzodiazepine toxicosis
- carpal flexural deformity of puppies and kittens
- portal vein thrombosis
- fibrotic myopathy of the caudal thigh muscles
- iron toxicosis
- FAST/TFAST ultrasound exams
- urethral stent placement
- NEW! Clinical guidance has been added to diseases and disorders chapters to help you select appropriate tests and treatments for each patient.
- NEW! 148 bonus online-only chapters on less common topics or topics already covered in detail in other chapters provide additional information that’s available around the clock.
- NEW! 56 two-column tables in the popular Differential Diagnosis section includes the differential diagnosis list on one side and distinguishing characteristics and other ways of working through the differential on the other.
- NEW! Dozens of real-life video clips demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lamenesses and ultrasound findings.
- NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary includes dozens of new medications to keep you apprised of available remedies.
- NEW! Enhanced electronic image collection offers accurate depictions of procedures and clarification of complex concepts, particularly ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
- NEW! Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information through the linking of one chapter to another at junctures where they may be most useful.
- Six-books-in-one offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and drug formulary.
- Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders features more than 800 topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 118 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 286 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 168 lab tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms delivers 91 diagnostic and treatment algorithms, or roadmaps, that help guide students through the steps of clinical assessment and treatment planning.
- NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary offers dosages and other relevant information for more than 500 medications, including dozens of new medications to keep students apprised of the latest remedies available.
- Technician Tips cover more than 800 diseases and disorders that are especially relevant to the tech’s daily experience in the clinic.
- Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
- 150 client education handouts are included online and available in English or Spanish.
- Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders features topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
"The consulting room bible."
Tomorrow's Vets, July 2011
"One suggestion is to go to the Elsevier listing and search the Table of Contents for a idea of the scope of this volume. It is truly impressive. I don't often give a book five stars, but this lofty volume deserves it."
Veterinary Information Network Review by Kathy Lyon; March 2011
"This text is a great overall reference for any veterinarian, veterinary or veterinary technician student, or credentialed veterinary technician. Everything you ever need to know about a disease, procedure or lab test is in this text. It is the perfect book for any personal or clinical veterinary library."
VSPN Review by Brandy Sprunger, CVT, RVT; October 2012
By Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada