Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents, 7th Edition
Not Yet Published
Focusing on children from infancy to adolescence, Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents, 7th Edition provides comprehensive, full-color coverage of pediatric conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Its emphasis on evidence-based practice includes updated references, research notes, and explanations of the evidentiary basis for specific interventions. And coverage of new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends, with additional case studies, keeps you in step with the latest advances in pediatric OT practice. Written by educators Jane Case-Smith and Jane Clifford O’Brien, this text is the Number One book in pediatric OT!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW video clips and case studies on the Evolve website demonstrate important concepts and rehabilitation techniques.
- NEW Autism Spectrum Disorder chapter contains important information for OTs not addressed in other texts.
- NEW Neuromotor: Cerebral Palsy chapter addresses the most prevalent cause of motor dysfunction in children.
- NEW Adolescent Development chapter helps you manage the special needs of teenagers and young adults.
- NEW contemporary design includes full-color photos and illustrations.
- UPDATED content and references ensure you have access to the comprehensive, research-based information that will guide you in making optimal decisions in practice.
- Case studies help you apply concepts to actual situations you may encounter in practice.
- Research Notes boxes and evidence-based summary tables help you interpret evidence and strengthen your clinical decision-making skills.
- Learning resources on Evolve include video clips, review activities, and additional case studies.
- Learning objectives indicate what you will be learning in each chapter and serve as checkpoints in studying for examinations.
- A glossary makes it easy to look up key terms.
By Jane Case-Smith, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Division of Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME