Mosby's 2013 Nursing Drug Reference - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 26th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$42.95|
New to This Edition
- NEW! Four-color design highlights important information to help you quickly and easily find important information.
- NEW! Fully updated content reflects the latest drugs on the market.
- Approximately 25 monographs on newly released drugs
- Comprehensive coverage of more than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs
- Comprehensive and easy to find drug information.
- Comprehensive drug monographs contain the latest information on:
- Rx or OTC designations
- generic names
- U.S. and Canadian trade names
- functional and chemical classification
- controlled-substance schedule
- do-not-confuse drugs
- actions, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes
- available forms
- side effects
- interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test)
- nursing considerations
- treatment of overdose
- Nursing Process steps used as the framework for organizing all information.
- Alphabetical listing of drug monographs by generic drug name.
- Emphasis on safety and safe drug administration.
- Black Box Warnings alert to dangerous and/or life-threatening adverse effects.
- Safety Alert icons call out the most critical interactions and side-effects that nurses must watch for.
- IV drug information, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system for easy identification.
By Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX