2013 Intravenous Medications - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 29th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$52.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The #1 IV drug handbook for nearly 40 years, Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals is the go-to resource for all the information you need to safely administer more than 350 intravenous drugs. Whether you prefer the convenient electronic format or the newly redesigned portable print version, this new edition offers alphabetical organization, a detailed appendix of generic and trade names, pharmacologic actions, hundreds of new drug facts, and entries for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA. There's no other resource more trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Larger page size of the print version reduces the thickness of the book and makes content easier to navigate.
- NEW! Printed thumb tabs added to the print version assist in locating information quickly.
- UNIQUE! Annual publication includes essential information on the most recently approved IV drugs as well as updated information on previously approved drugs.
- UNIQUE! Thorough coverage of more than 350 IV drugs offers more than any other comparable handbook.
- UNIQUE! Layout in the print version keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread, ensuring that the health care worker does not contaminate hands by having to turn a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use format provides all the essential clinical information on IV drug administration.
- Alphabetical listing of IV drugs is organized by generic name for quick clinical reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage information - in a convenient chart form within monographs where appropriate -helps you quickly locate essential information.
- Special sections highlight dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Identifying icons (such as Black Box Warnings) and design features also make it easy to locate key information
By Betty L. Gahart, RN, Nurse Consultant in Education; Former Director, Education and Training, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, CA and Adrienne R. Nazareno, PharmD, Clinical Manager, Pharmacist in Charge, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, CA