Mosby's Dental Drug Reference - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Ideal for chairside use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Drug Reference provides guidelines for safe, accurate drug administration. More than 800 drug monographs make it easy to find indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions, side effects, serious reactions, and dental-specific drug information. With profiles of drugs recently approved by the FDA, this edition is completely up to date! A companion Evolve website adds regular drug updates, and a CD offers a full-color pill atlas and printable patient education handouts. From lead editor Arthur Jeske, a well-known researcher and author on dental pharmacology, this pocket-sized reference provides the current, concise drug information you need at the point of care.
New to This Edition
- New monographs for recently FDA approved drugs include up-to-date dental considerations.
- More emphasis on oral health, prevention, and treatment from the dental hygienist's perspective helps in educating the patient.
- Stronger coverage of oral contraceptives includes brand names with generic names when possible.
- A list of common prescriptions in the appendix includes the use for each along with rationales, providing a quick reference when considering a drug's implications for dental treatment.
- Expanded resources on CD include a search function and pronunciations for the glossary, plus crossword puzzles, word searches, and additional illustrations of common oral complications, making it easier to recognize terms, drug classes, and pathologic conditions.
- User-friendly, durable, pocket-sized format provides information at a glance, and makes this guide ideal for chairside use.
- More than 800 detailed monographs include each drug's generic name, pronunciation, brand names, drug class, controlled substances schedule, mechanism of action, uses or indications, doses and routes of administration, side effects/adverse reactions, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions of concern to dentistry, and other dental considerations.
- Dental considerations include suggestions for consultations and recommendations for the patient/family in preventing dental complications.
- A companion CD includes a full-color pill atlas, a searchable glossary of terms with pronunciations, illustrations of drug-related pathologic oral conditions, and patient information handouts.
- Useful appendices summarize information such as combination products, food and herbal interactions, pregnancy and pediatric considerations, and IV compatibilities and incompatibilities.
- The companion Evolve website includes patient teaching guides, a full-color pill atlas, all appendices from the text, alternative medicine information, and regular updates to the book.
By Arthur H. Jeske, DMD, PhD, Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials; Edited by Arthur H. Jeske, DMD, PhD, Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials