Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Take this pocket reference to clinicals on the job for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter's market-leading Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 7th Edition, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 7th Edition presents 83 key skills in an easy-to-use A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why to use specific techniques. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this book helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively. Also available on Skyscape for use on any hand-held device!
New to This Edition
- New full-color design and illustrations help you follow step-by-step directions more easily.
- Completely updated content is based on Perry & Potter's market-leading text, Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 7th Edition, for the latest in evidence-based care.
- A clear, two-column format presents skills with rationales for each step explaining why to use specific techniques.
- A gloving logo identifies skills in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Reporting and recording guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be documented in the patient records.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly.
- A convenient pocket size and spiral binding allow the book to fit easily into your coat pocket and to stay open on the page you want.
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL and Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO