Exploring Medical Language - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Master the medical terminology you'll need for success with this easy-to-use, objective-based approach! Focused on medical terminology and vocabulary, Exploring Medical Language: A Student-Directed Approach, 8th Edition helps you understand complex medical terms using a proven step-by-step strategy, building each term from its foundation. With a logical, body-systems organization and engaging terminology exercises throughout, it's your key to communicating confidently and effectively with other health care professionals.
New to This Edition
- Anatomy and physiology "boosters" on the companion Evolve website strengthen your understanding of important A&P concepts.
- Updated terms and abbreviations throughout the text keep you current with the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care industry.
- New illustrations clarify complex physiological processes and familiarize you with equipment you may encounter on the job.
- Systematic approach to terminology equips you to recognize and define new terms as you encounter them and to build the medical vocabulary you'll need in the health care setting.
- Pronunciation key provides quick access to frequently referenced material.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and challenge you to apply what you've learned to realistic scenarios.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine boxes highlight words and phrases associated with this increasingly popular discipline.
- Terminology flash cards (409 cards) included with every book provide valuable review and self-assessment tools you can take anywhere for study on the go.
- Audio CDs, available at an additional charge and packaged either separately or with the book, help you perfect your pronunciation of difficult terms.
- Engaging study tools on a companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding through interactive exercises, the Body Spectrum A&P review program, and a 5,000-term English/Spanish glossary.
- Medical Terminology Online, available at an additional charge, gives you an enhanced learning experience with fully integrated online lessons, animations, slide shows, quizzes, exams, and more.
By Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MEd, MA, Allied Health and Science Faculty
Community Colleges of Vermont