Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$37.67|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Known for its reliable, clinically focused content, Swearingen's Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing provides a quick reference to 125 of the most commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions. Expert authors Fran Monahan, RN, PhD, ANEF, Marianne Neighbors, EdD, RN, and Carol Green, PhD, RN, CNE make it easy to find and use the information you need to know to provide optimal patient care. Unique to this manual, outcome criteria include specific and measurable timeframes to help in establishing realistic treatment goals and evaluating the effectiveness of care. For students, it's an ideal resource for care planning and clinicals; for practitioners, it's a great clinical reference!
New to This Edition
- Thorough updates provide you with the latest evidence-based practice content and clinical developments, including the newest Joint Commission standards, latest screening recommendations, revised treatment guidelines, new drugs, and lab tests.
- New Burns section covers the care of burns in the medical-surgical setting.
- New Immunologic Disorders unit discusses transfusion reactions, hypersensitivity, and AIDS.
- New Cancer Care unit updates and expands coverage of lung cancer, nervous system tumors, GI malignancies, neoplastic diseases of the hematopoietic system, head/neck cancers, breast cancer, and GI cancer.
- An emphasis on patient safety addresses preventable patient safety issues.
- More than 125 common medical-surgical conditions are organized by body system for convenient use as a clinical reference.
- A quick-reference, easy-to-use format includes these headings for each med-surg disorder:
- Diagnostic Tests
- Collaborative Management
- Nursing Diagnoses and Interventions
- Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning
- Outcome criteria feature specific and measurable timeframes for each outcome.
- Patient teaching for each disorder helps you educate patients and their families for self-care and discharge.
- Clinical notes and cautions stress key points or alerts related to various disorders and conditions.
- An overview of nursing considerations for the hospitalized patient includes concepts relevant to many disorders, such as perioperative care, pain, prolonged bed rest, psychosocial support, and older adult care.
- Attractive two-color design highlights key information for fast reference.
- A durable, water-resistant cover prolongs the life of the book.
By Pamela L. Swearingen, RN, Special Project Editor, Grand Rapids, MN; Pamela L. Swearingen, RN, Special Project Editor, Grand Rapids, MN; Frances Donovan Monahan, PhD, RN, ANEF, Consultant in Nursing Education, Vero Beach, FL, USA; Marianne Neighbors, EdD, RN, Professor, Eleanor Mann School of Nursing; Co-Director, Wally Cordes Teaching and Faculty Support Center, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR, USA and Carol Green, PhD, MN, RN, CNE, Professor, School of Nursing, Graceland University, Independence, MO, USA; Captain, US Navy Nurse Corps