Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$49.95|
Pageburst eBooks on Kno make learning more enjoyable with a variety of cutting-edge study tools, social sharing, flashcards, and an intuitive layout that mirrors the print book. Best of all, with Pageburst on Kno, you can access your eBooks online through Evolve or with apps for iPad, Android, and Windows 7 and 8.
Reflecting the latest technologic advances and therapies, the extensively revised new edition of Ruth Bryant and Denise Nix's Acute and Chronic Wounds: Current Management Concepts remains your #1 source for today's best information on wound care. Using a strong nursing process and multidisciplinary approach, this best-selling title is an all-inclusive resource for anyone involved in the care of acute surgical wounds and all types of chronic wounds.
- Disorders section covers commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions in a consistent, clinically relevant presentation that includes:
- Clinical Manifestations
- Diagnostic Studies
- Collaborative Care (including Drug Therapy, where relevant)
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Diagnoses (using the most current NANDA terminology)
- Nursing Interventions
- Patient and Caregiver Teaching
- Treatments and Procedures section provides need-to-know information on common medical-surgical treatments and procedures.
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases.
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and caregivers need to know about the care of various conditions.
- Cross-references to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition make it easy to locate more in-depth information.
By Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ; Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX; Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ;