Foundations of Nursing in the Community - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$110.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With concise, focused coverage of nursing in the community, this easy-to-read textbook provides the essential information you need to know for clinical practice - from nursing roles and care settings to vulnerable population groups. It features a practical, community-oriented approach, with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on surveillance and outbreak investigation explores the importance of collection, analysis, and interpretation of health data to maintain public health and resolve problems in communicable/infectious diseases, chronic diseases, and terroristic events.
- A combined health education and group practice chapter discusses community- and population-level education within the context of families, groups, and communities.
- Enhanced coverage of the Minnesota Intervention Wheel introduces you to this public health nursing model and further explains the wheel and its components.
- Separate chapters on the various roles and settings for community health nursing, including faith community nurse, home health nurse, school nurse, occupational health nurse, and governmental public health roles, provides a comprehensive perspective on these fields.
- A detailed discussion of vulnerable populations presents theoretical, assessment, and intervention concepts to help you understand the unique issues of this group.
- Coverage of specific vulnerable populations includes clients in rural settings, migrant workers, pregnant teens, the homeless, those with substance abuse problems, and clients with mental illness.
- What Would You Do? activities strengthen your problem-solving skills and challenge you to apply chapter material outside the classroom.
- Case studies illustrate how key textbook concepts can be applied to real-world community nursing situations.
- Level of Prevention boxes identify specific interventions for primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention and emphasize the importance of a preventive approach in community-oriented nursing.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes focus on recent research findings and how they can be applied to community nursing practice.
- Healthy People 2010 boxes discuss how national public health efforts impact community health practice.
- Practice Applications present real-life community client situations followed by questions and answers.
By Marcia Stanhope, RN, DSN, FAAN, The Good Samaritan Professor and Chair in Community Health Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY; Jeanette Lancaster, RN, PhD, FAAN, Visiting Professor, Department of Nursing Studies, The University of Hong Kong; Professor, University of Virginia; Formerly Dean and Sadie Health Cabaniss Professor, School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA;