Canine and Feline Nutrition - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
How well can you answer pet owners' questions about proper diet and feeding? Canine and Feline Nutrition, 3rd Edition describes the role of nutrition and its effects upon health and wellness and the dietary management of various disorders of dogs and cats. By using the book's cutting-edge research and clinical nutrition information, you'll be able to make recommendations of appropriate pet food and proper feeding guidelines. Pet nutrition experts Linda P. Case, MS, Leighann Daristotle, DVM, PhD, Michael G. Hayek, PhD, and Melody Foess Raasch, DVM, provide complete, head-to-tail coverage and a broad scope of knowledge, so you can help dog and cat owners make sound nutrition and feeding choices to promote their pets' health to prolong their lives.
New to This Edition
- New clinical information covers a wide range of emerging nutrition topics including the role of the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid families in pet health and disease management.
- Coverage of pet food safety and pet food ingredients includes both commercially and home-prepared foods and provides answers to pet owners' questions on these topics.
- Completely updated content reflects the latest findings in clinical nutrition research.
- Information regarding functional ingredients and dietary supplementation provides a scientifically based rationale for recommending or advising against dietary supplements.
- Guidelines for understanding pet food formulations and health claims differentiate between "market-speak" and actual clinical benefits for patients, with practice advice for evaluating and selecting appropriate foods.
- Tables and boxes provide quick reference to the most important clinical information.
- Key points summarize essential information at a glance.
- A useful Nutritional Myths and Feeding Practices chapter dispels and corrects common food myths.
By Linda P. Case, MS, Autumn Gold Consulting, Mahomet, IL; Adjunct Assistant Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL; Leighann Daristotle, DVM, PhD, Manager, Scientific Communications, Procter & Gamble Pet Care, Lewisburg, OH; Michael G. Hayek, PhD, Associate Director, Research and Development, Procter & Gamble Pet Care, Lewisburg, OH and Melody Foess Raasch, DVM, Manager, Scientific Communications, Procter & Gamble Pet Care, Mason, OH