Mosby's PDQ for Massage Therapists - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Ideal for both massage students and practicing therapists, this pocket-sized reference provides key information in a handy, easy-to-use format! Bullet lists, tables, and numerous full-color line drawings and photos make this reference ideal for use on the go. This second edition is thoroughly updated and includes new muscle illustrations and new sections on how nutrition and common medications affect massage-treatment planning, helping you provide even more effective treatment for your clients.
New to This Edition
- Muscle illustrations and an updated muscle chart provide quick reminders of muscle locations and actions to assist in assessment and treatment planning.
- The latest nutritional information, with a chart of vitamins and minerals, helps you keep track of patients' nutritional intake.
- An updated section on body mechanics with numerous color photos demonstrates correct positioning and posture to perform various strokes and techniques for more effective practice.
- Updated content on pharmacology and medication helps you provide safe and effective massage with information on the most commonly used medications and their effects on pain sensation.
- A quick-reference format provides all of the key information you need with fast-access illustrations, charts, and tables.
- The pocket-sized format and spiral binding allow the book to lay flat so you can quickly reference the pages you need while leaving your hands free to work.
- User-friendly, full-color design includes vibrant illustrations, as well as highlights and clarifies important facts to help you easily find what you need.
By Mosby; Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA
Director and Mosby; Edited by Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA