Stroke Rehabilitation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$113.00|
New to This Edition
- Three new chapters broaden your understanding of stroke intervention in the areas of Using Technology to Improve Limb Function, Managing Speech and Language Deficits after Stroke, and Parenting after Stroke.
- Learning activities and interactive references on a companion Evolve Resources website help you review textbook content and locate additional information.
- UNIQUE! Case studies challenge you to apply rehabilitation concepts to realistic scenarios.
- Evidence-based clinical trials and outcome studies clearly outline the basis for stroke interventions.
- UNIQUE! Survivor's Perspectives help you understand the stroke rehabilitation process from the client's point-of-view.
- UNIQUE! A multidisciplinary approach highlights discipline-specific distinctions in stroke rehabilitation among occupation and physical therapists, physicians, and speech-language pathologists.
- Review questions in each chapter help you assess your understanding of rehabilitation concepts.
- Key terms and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you study more efficiently.
By Glen Gillen, EdD, OTR, FAOTA, Associate Professor of Clinical Occupational Therapy, Programs in Occupational Therapy, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons; Honarary Adjunct Associate Professor of Movement Sciences and Education, Teachers College, New York, NY; Ann Burkhardt, MA, OTD, OTR/L, BCN, FAOTA, Director, Division of Occupational Therapy, Associate Professor, Long Island University Brooklyn Campus;