Stroke Rehabilitation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$107.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Gillen's Stroke Rehabilitation: A Function-Based Approach, 3rd Edition is the only comprehensive, evidence-based stroke rehabilitation resource for occupational therapists. Extensively updated with the latest research in assessment and intervention, this essential text presents a holistic, application-based approach that integrates background medical information, samples of functionally based evaluations, and current treatment techniques and intervention strategies to help you confidently manage the growing number of stroke rehabilitation clients.
New to This Edition
- Three new chapters broaden your understanding of stroke intervention in the areas of Using Technology to Improve Limb Function, Managing Speech and Language Deficits after Stroke, and Parenting after Stroke.
- Learning activities and interactive references on a companion Evolve Resources website help you review textbook content and locate additional information.
- UNIQUE! Case studies challenge you to apply rehabilitation concepts to realistic scenarios.
- Evidence-based clinical trials and outcome studies clearly outline the basis for stroke interventions.
- UNIQUE! Survivor's Perspectives help you understand the stroke rehabilitation process from the client's point-of-view.
- UNIQUE! A multidisciplinary approach highlights discipline-specific distinctions in stroke rehabilitation among occupation and physical therapists, physicians, and speech-language pathologists.
- Review questions in each chapter help you assess your understanding of rehabilitation concepts.
- Key terms and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you study more efficiently.
By Glen Gillen, EdD, OTR, FAOTA, Associate Professor of Clinical Occupational Therapy, Programs in Occupational Therapy, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons; Honarary Adjunct Associate Professor of Movement Sciences and Education, Teachers College, New York, NY; Ann Burkhardt, MA, OTD, OTR/L, BCN, FAOTA, Director, Division of Occupational Therapy, Associate Professor, Long Island University Brooklyn Campus;