Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$126.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination is a comprehensive textbook of physical examination, history-taking, and health assessment with a unique emphasis on differential diagnosis and variations across the lifespan. The book conveys a uniquely compassionate, patient-centered approach to physical examination with a strong evidence-based foundation.
New to This Edition
- Updates throughout reflect the latest research findings and evidence-based practice for techniques, normal and abnormal findings, genetics, and assessment.
- 60 video clips demonstrate exam techniques for each system and are downloadable for use on Video iPod devices.
- 25 new anatomy and physiology animations provide narrated explanations of processes beneath the skin.
- New audio chapter summaries, downloadable for use on MP3 players, offer a convenient way to review key content on the go.
- New 3-column tables featuring Pathophysiology, Subjective Data, and Objective Data provide an illustrated reference that allows for quick and accurate comparisons.
- 75 new illustrations and dozens of new photos of normal and abnormal findings help to clarify anatomic concepts and exam techniques.
- Clinical Pearls boxes give brief clinical insights with expert tips on techniques, findings, and patient teaching.
- Mnemonic boxes deliver engaging auditory, visual, and other memory cues to help you remember series of assessment or exam steps.
- Physical Variations boxes detail multicultural considerations for assessing patients from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Staying Well boxes describe holistic approaches to health promotion and patient teaching.
- Risk Factors boxes highlight modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors for a variety of conditions.
- Differential Diagnosis boxes give comparisons of expected findings for similar conditions and explain how disease presentations vary.
- Physical Examination boxes provide current data on the most effective techniques for delivering quality patient care.
- Functional Assessment boxes focus on the patient's functional abilities and present a holistic approach to patient care.
- Downloadable text and PDA summaries allow for quick review of the key steps in each system exam.
- Dynamic learning exercises on the companion website test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
By Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, DPNAP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD; Henry M. Seidel, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP, BC, DPNAP, Advanced Practice Nursing Program Director, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX; G. William Benedict, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Barry S Solomon, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Harriet Lane Clinic, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolscent Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Rosalyn W Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD;