Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd edition introduces and reviews the material in each of your veterinary technology courses. Key topics ranging from basic and clinical science, diagnostics and applications, to professional practices and issues are presented in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal whether you're a new student or you're reviewing for your certification exams.
New to This Edition
- State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology.
- Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more.
- Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology.
- Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management.
- Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
- Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U.S. and Canadian certification exams.
- Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included.
- Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material.
- Summary tables are ideal for reference or review.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology.
- Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips.
By Marg Brown, RVT, Seneca College, King Campus, King City, Ontario, Canada; Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Marg Brown, RVT, Seneca College, King Campus, King City, Ontario, Canada and Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Edited by Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology, Windsor, Ontario, Canada and Marg Brown, RVT, Seneca College, King Campus, King City, Ontario, Canada