Chiropractic Technique - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
No other book offers a complete guide to chiropractic adjustive techniques! Chiropractic Technique, 3rd Edition makes it easy to understand essential procedures and provides a rationale for their use. Written by Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, FICC, and David H. Peterson, DC, and backed by the latest research studies, this bestseller describes the basic principles needed to evaluate, select, and apply specific adjustive procedures. With a review of chiropractic history, detailed descriptions of joint examination and adjustive techniques for the spine, pelvis, and extremities, and a companion Evolve website with how-to videos, this book is a must-have reference for students and clinicians.
New to This Edition
- NEW Evolve website with video clips of the author performing all the adjustive procedures in the book.
- Updated and expanded content covers new information on joint anatomy and assessment including Newton's laws and fibrocartilage, joint malposition, joint subluxation, history of subluxation/dysfunction, and sacroiliac articulation.
- A procedure index printed on the inside of the front cover makes it easier to find specific procedures.
- Offers over 700 photos and line drawings depicting the correct way to set up and perform adjustive procedures, clarifying concepts, and showing important spinal and muscle anatomy.
- Includes up-to-date research studies and methods for validating manual therapy.
- Discusses mechanical principles so you can determine not only which adjustive procedure to use and when, but also why you should choose one approach over another.
- Organizes content thematically with a discussion of practical anatomy, kinematics, evaluation, and technique for each joint.
- Covers anatomy and biomechanics in detail, along with adjustive techniques for the spine, extraspinal techniques, and additional techniques for special populations, helping you fully prepare for board examinations.
- Covers the manipulable lesion as a basis for treating disorders with manual therapy, including chiropractic techniques.
- Includes content on low-force techniques to help you treat elderly patients and patients who are in acute pain.
- Includes useful appendices with clinical information as well as interesting historical information, including a feature on practitioners who developed specific techniques.
By Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, Editor-in-Chief, Chiropractic Technique, Mendota Heights, MN; David H. Peterson, DC, Chiropractic Science Center, Western States Chiropractic College, Portland, OR; Dana J. Lawrence, DC, Director, Publications & Editorial Review, The National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL;