Mosby's Dental Dictionary - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Designed for use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Dictionary includes more than 10,000 terms and 300 full-color illustrations. Definitions include all areas of dentistry, basic, clinical and behavioral sciences, terms related to office management, and commonly used medical terms. Thoroughly revised and updated, this edition includes more terms, more pronunciations, and extensive appendices for quick, easy-to-use access to information used daily in the clinical setting.
New to This Edition
- 800 new terms have been added, especially in the fields of oral surgery, anatomy, and pathology.
- More implant and pathology photos are included to visually depict additional conditions and equipment.
- 20% more pronunciations have been added to the companion CD-ROM, for a total of 5,200 pronunciations.
- Updated appendices include CDT-2007/2008 - the coding system from the American Dental Association (ADA), chemical agents for surface disinfection, and the ADA's guidelines for prescribing dental radiographs.
- Implant prosthetics appendix has been added.
- New consultants include implantologist Charles Babbush, a pioneer in the field of dental implants and an internationally acclaimed surgeon, teacher, and lecturer.
- A companion CD-ROM offers the entire book in a searchable format, with audio pronunciations and thumbnails of illustrations that can be enlarged for optimal viewing.
- Full-color illustrations enhance definitions.
- Bolded pronunciations indicate which terms can be heard on the CD-ROM.
- Accuracy of entries is verified by an expert review board including dentists and dental hygienists.
- Colored thumb bleeds make it easy to locate definitions quickly.
- Portable size offers convenience as a chairside or computer-side reference.
- A flexible cover provides durability.
- Extensive appendices provide useful information in a quick-access format.