Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. You can trust this user-friendly guide to help you meet the increasing need for effective pain management in the animals you treat. It provides instant access to clinically relevant information on pain assessment, pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment options, guidelines for managing acute and chronic pain, and unique aspects of pain management in dogs, cats, horses, cattle, birds, reptiles, ferrets, and rabbits.
New to This Edition
- New contributors - many of the most respected experts in the field - share their insights and experiences to bring you the most current thinking in this ever-changing discipline.
- Completely revised and updated content throughout ensures you are using the best and most current information available on analgesic drugs and pain management techniques.
- An expanded chapter on Pain Management in Horses and Cattle explores the latest advances in treating this group of animals.
- Eight new chapters offer cutting-edge coverage of hot topics in the field, including:
- Pain Management in the Cat
- Pain Management for the Pet Bird
- Clinical Approaches to Analgesia in Reptiles
- Clinical Approaches to Analgesia in Ferrets and Rabbits
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in Dogs
- Rehabilitation Methods and Modalities for the Cat
- Quality of Life Issues
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- User-friendly format helps you quickly and easily find essential pain management information.
- Helpful boxes and tables provide at-a-glance access to pharmacologic protocols and clinical applications, including dosages, indications, contraindications, and side effects.
- Complementary and alternative treatment strategies are included throughout to assist you in using the latest non-pharmacological pain interventions.
- Case studies clearly illustrate the practical applications of key concepts in the clinical setting and help you sharpen your pain assessment and management skills.
By James S. Gaynor, DVM, MS, DACVA, DAAPM, Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, International Veterinary Acupuncture Society; Director, Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management Center, Colorado Springs, CO; James S. Gaynor, DVM, MS, DACVA, DAAPM, Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, International Veterinary Acupuncture Society; Director, Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management Center, Colorado Springs, CO and William W. Muir, III, DVM, PhD , Regional Director, American Academy of Pain Management, Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology Consulting Services, Columbus, OH