Clinical Veterinary Toxicology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
This book covers all aspects of toxicology, including toxic diseases of large animals, small animals, and exotic pets. It provides key information on how poisons affect the body, how the body responds to a foreign substance, how poisonings are diagnosed, and how poisonings are treated.
Coverage includes every organ system of every species of animal with details on each body system's susceptibility to poison. Poisons affect animals differently depending on species, breed, age, gender, health status, and reproductive status. This resource addresses these differences, allowing the veterinarian to determine the class of toxicant, the mechanism of action, and the proper course of treatment. If confronted with an unknown poison, the information in this book will assist the veterinarian in formulating a list of potential poisons based on the clinical signs that the animal is exhibiting, and in choosing the appropriate tests to narrow the list to one or a few possible poisons.
- Most comprehensive toxicology book available
- Written in a user-friendly style that makes it easy to master the content
- Covers poisonings in both large and small domestic animals
- The Principles of Toxicology section provides comprehensive coverage of concepts & terminology, toxicokinetics, treatments, and regulatory information
- The Manifestations of Toxicoses section is devoted to differentiating between poisons based on lesions and clinical signs
- The Classes of Toxicants section offers detailed information on each poison, including sources, risk factors, pathophysiology, clinical signs and lesions, diagnostic testing, and treatment
- The author is board-certified in toxicology, and the contributors are all toxicologists and educators, ensuring authoritative, up-to-date clinical information
By Konnie Plumlee, DVM, MS, Arkansas Diagnostic Laboratory, Livestock and Poultry Commission, Little Rock, AR