Textbook of Radiographic Positioning & Related Anatomy - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
New to This Edition
- Increased emphasis on digital radiography keeps you up to date with the most recent advances in technology.
- Completely updated content offers expanded coverage of important concepts such as, digital imaging systems, updated CT information and AART exam requirements.
- More CT procedures with related sectional images, especially for areas such as skull and facial bones, reflect the shift in the field from conventional radiography to CT.
- Updated art visually demonstrates the latest concepts and procedures with approximately 500 new positioning photos and 150 updated radiographic images.
- Additional critique images provide valuable experience analyzing images to prepare you to evaluate your own images in the practice environment.
- Updated Technique and Dose boxes reflect the higher kV now recommended for computed and digital radiography.
- Imaging Wisely program information from ASRT provides protocols to minimize radiation exposure during digital procedures.
- The latest standards for computed radiography and digital radiography (CR/DR) from the American Association of Physicists in Medicine ensures you are current with today’s procedures and modalities.
- Lists and definitions of the most common pathologies likely to be encountered during specific procedures helps you understand the whole patient and produce radiographs that will make diagnosis easier for the physician.
- Labeled radiographs identify key radiographic anatomy and landmarks to help you determine if you have captured the correct diagnostic information on your images.
- Evaluation Criteria for each projection provide standards for evaluating the quality of each radiograph and help you produce the highest quality images.
- Clinical Indications sections explain why a projection is needed or what pathology is demonstrated to give you a better understanding of the reasoning behind each projection.
By Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R), Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R) and John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ