Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 3rd Edition
A fast, complete review prepares you for success on your certification examTable of Contents
New to This Edition
This complete review includes everything you need to study for and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and ExCPT exams! Review the content you’ll see on the exam with handy outlines and helpful electronic flash cards, then prepare for the exam with a section on test-taking tips. Plus, you can test your knowledge with mock exams in the book and on the companion CD-ROM for even more practice.
- A total of 1,700 review questions are included in 17 practice exams in the book and online.
- 100-question format of each practice exam simulates the PTCB and ExCPT exams, with multiple-choice questions and the same balance of content, for a realistic test taking experience.
- 700 electronic flash cards help you learn and remember facts by covering the top 200 most prescribed pharmaceuticals, top 50 herbals, abbreviations, and sound-alike drugs.
- Review content reflects the new percentages covered on the PTCB exam.
- A convenient outline format helps you to quickly review important information you'll see on the exam.
- Tips and suggestions prepare you for test-taking success by providing an insider’s perspective on what to expect and how to prepare for your exam when you have limited time.
- Seven practice exams in the book feature the same format and content emphasis as the national exam.
- Ten practice exams on the Evolve companion website in both timed and untimed modes help you identify any areas of weakness, and include instant feedback and remediation.
- Reformatted tests to 100 questions to reflect the current format of the PTCB examination.
- More in-depth presentation at of HIPPA, the Medicare Modernization Act; recent legal changed due to the selling of pseudoephedrine products; the issuance of multiple Schedule II prescriptions; pending legislation requirements for Medicaid prescriptions keeps students up-to-date on important content included on the PTCB exam.
- Discussion of USP <797> gives information on this important update to the Compounding and Regulation sections which will be included on the PTCB exam.
- Evolve resources include Provides links to Pharmacy and PTCB-related web resources, providing quick reference for important tools for those studying for the PTCB exam.
By James J. Mizner, BS, MBA, RPh, Pharmacy Technician Program Coordinator, Applied Career Training, Reston, VA