ACLS Study Guide - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Written in a conversational style, the 3rd edition of the ACLS Study Guide features unique, user-friendly, and easy to remember treatment algorithms - totally revised to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines. Full-color throughout, it offers a complete, concise overview of advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS), acute coronary syndromes, and acute stroke. It also features easy-to-access information with Stop and Review quizzes in each chapter and a comprehensive pretest and posttest. New to this edition are a handy ACLS quick-reference fold-out card, a heart rate ruler, and more! In addition to being an outstanding study tool, the ACLS Study Guide, 3rd Edition is the official text for the American Safety and Health Institute ACLS certification course. For more information on ASHI courses, call 800-246-5101 or visit www.ashinstitute.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Unique treatment algorithms - totally revised to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines - simplify the new treatment guidelines, making them easier to use and remember.
- Chapter on Stroke has now been expanded to include Special Resuscitation Situations.
- ACLS Pearl boxes contain key points and useful tips for clinical practice.
- Keeping it Simple boxes contain essential information in a clear and concise manner.
- A heart rate ruler is included to help determine heart rate while practicing ECG recognition.
- A 4 x 6 pocket-size quick-reference card with key ACLS algorithms is included for field-use.
- Vascular Access and Medications combined into one chapter to present venous circulation information with all relevant common medications used during a cardiac-related emergency.
- A pretest and posttest, each containing 50 questions with answers and rationales, provide readers with opportunities to check comprehension prior to and after study.
- Chapter Objectives allow readers to preview the main points in each chapter.
- Quick Review boxes throughout the chapters and Stop and Review sections at the end of the chapters test reader comprehension of the material.
- Chapters 1-8 comprise a Preparatory section to provide the foundation for the case presentations in the second section. Ten case studies present real-life clinical situations enabling the reader to make decisions based on information in the Preparatory section.
- Consistent organization of case studies include Objective, Skills to Master, Rhythms to Master, Medications to Master, Related Text Chapters, Questions, Answers, Essential Actions, and Unacceptable Actions to aide in the study and mastery of material.
By Barbara J Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA