Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; So much more than just a dictionary... the completely revised, bestselling, trusted Mosby’s Dictionary is the all-in-one reference you need to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features superior-quality definitions plus 2,400 full-color illustrations -- nearly three times more than any other dictionary available! But that’s only the beginning. Mosby’s Dictionary also includes encyclopedic entries to explain more difficult concepts in depth, plus 12 appendixes with practical quick-reference information. It’s the ONE reference you’ll turn to from beginning to end!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Over 28,000 audio pronunciations
- Interactive labelling activities and a printable version of the Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
- Color and tabular atlas of human anatomy
- Assessment guides
- Image collection
- Spanish terms
- 10 additional appendixes
Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions -- including definitions for major diseases, disorders, drugs, and procedures -- offer the most accurate, complete information available in all areas of nursing, medicine, and health-related professions.
Approximately 2,400 color photographs and line drawings -- nearly three times more than any other health care dictionary -- illustrate all subject areas to help you understand concepts.
The practical, straightforward alphabetical organization with no subentries and easy-to-use features such as thumb tabs, entry words in color, and large, easy-to-read print make it easy to find and understand information.
Expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures, offer detailed information in one spot to help you understand more difficult concepts.
Hundreds of lab test and surgical procedure definitions explain the purpose, procedures, patient care, and expected outcomes.
Includes British spellings for selected entries to help you recognize alternate spellings.
A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
13 appendixes offer useful information you’ll turn to again and again -- with a quick-reference list of all appendixes in the front of the book.
A companion EVOLVE website deepens understanding with:
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions - including expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures - offer the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- 23 appendixes - 13 in the dictionary and 10 on the companion Evolve website - offer quick access to useful reference information, such as lab values, symbols and abbreviations, language translation guides, pharmacology, infection control standards, conversion tables, and clinical calculations.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
"From the outset this dictionary was appealing. The illustrations enhanced the explanations greatly and lead to a deeper understanding of meanings. Photographs also increase the reader’s knowledge and give real visualisations of what to expect from particular pathophysiologies. The appendices found in the dictionary are both comprehensive and extremely useful."
Nurse Education in Practice, 2009