The Harriet Lane Handbook of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy, 2nd Edition
Mobile Medicine Series (Expert Consult: Online + Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
From the experts at Johns Hopkins University who bring you the bestselling Harriet Lane Handbook, the Harriet Lane Handbook of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy delivers quick, dependable answers to help you effectively treat a broad spectrum of pediatric infectious diseases. This highly regarded medical reference book is your pocket-sized source for all of the evidence-based recommendations you need to provide the best possible care to your young patients.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Make the best clinical decisions with up-to-date practice guidelines from the AAP, CDC, and other authoritative pediatric and infectious disease sources.
- Stay on top of the most effective treatments with leading-edge coverage of antiretroviral drugs for HIV and hepatitis; antimicrobial pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) information; the latest Vancomycin therapeutic drug-monitoring recommendations; antimicrobial desensitization; pediatric developmental effects of antimicrobials approved in adults but not children; and much more.
- Depend on the professional wisdom of an expert author team, combined with the front-line input of current pediatric infectious disease fellows.
- Access the fully searchable text online at Expert Consult.
- Get all of the information you need to prescribe the correct drug and the appropriate dose through a detailed drug formulary, expanded from the popular Harriet Lane Handbook.
- Better manage persistent, hard-to-fight pediatric infections with a section on adverse effects and drug resistance.
"A wonderful reference for prescribing antibiotics for pediatric patients. It not only matches the bug with a drug, it also addresses various prescribing concerns that are important to safely and effectively dose and monitor patients. This second edition has revised and updated mechanisms of action, resistance, and empiric therapy sections as well as revised dosing in special circumstances, therapeutic monitoring, adverse drug reactions, and antimicrobial desensitization protocols. Current available evidence and guidelines were reviewed to provide the recommendations in this book. Because guidelines change, antibiotic resistance surfaces, and new information emerges, this new edition is warranted"- Judith Klevan, BSPharm (Jeanes Hospital). Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 4 Stars!
By Julia McMillan, MD, Director, Residency Program, Vice Chair for Pediatric Education, Professor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Carlton K. Lee, PharmD, MPH, Assistant Professor and Clinical Coordinator, Pediatrics, Department of Pharmacy, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimor, MD; George K. Siberry, MD, MHP, Co-Chair, Infection Control, Krieger Institute, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Karen Carroll, MD