Anesthesia Equipment, 2nd Edition
Principles and Applications (Expert Consult: Online and Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications, 2nd Edition, by Dr. Jan Ehrenwerth and Dr. James B. Eisenkraft, offers expert, highly visual, practical guidance on the full range of delivery systems and technology used in practice today. It equips you with the objective, informed answers you need to ensure optimal patient safety.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply the most complete and up-to-date information available on machines, vaporizers, ventilators, breathing systems, vigilance, ergonomics, and simulation.
- Visualize the safe and effective use of equipment thanks to hundreds of full-color line drawings and photographs.
- Access the complete text and images online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Make informed decisions by expanding your understanding of the physical principles of equipment, the rationale for its use, delivery systems for inhalational anesthesia, systems monitoring, hazards and safety features, maintenance and quality assurance, special situations/equipment for non-routine adult anesthesia, and future directions for the field.
- Ensure patient safety with detailed advice on risk management and medicolegal implications of equipment use.
"This well written and illustrated physics and equipment textbook and for the American anaesthetist has been updated in this second edition, incorporating both comprehensive theoretical knowledge and a good guide to the modern anaesthetist... In summary, this a comprehensive, up-to-date referecne textbook covering all aspects of physics and equipment for the modern American Anaesthetist.2
British Journal of Anaesthesia, Februrary 2014
By Jan Ehrenwerth, MD; James B. Eisenkraft, MD, MRCP(UK), FFARCS and James M Berry, MD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee