Anesthesia Equipment, 2nd Edition
Principles and Applications (Expert Consult: Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications, 2nd Edition, by Dr. Jan Ehrenwerth and Dr. James B. Eisenkraft, offers expert, highly visual, practical guidance on the full range of delivery systems and technology used in practice today. It equips you with the objective, informed answers you need to ensure optimal patient safety.
"This is a comprehensive, up-to-date reference textbook covering all aspects of physics and equipment for the modern American anaesthetist. It may be helpful to those studying for American fellowship examinations but is not suited to preparation for the UK FRCA examinations." Reviewed by: I.Wrench on behalf of the British Journal of Anaesthesia, Feb 2014Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply the most complete and up-to-date information available on machines, vaporizers, ventilators, breathing systems, vigilance, ergonomics, and simulation.
- Visualize the safe and effective use of equipment thanks to hundreds of full-color line drawings and photographs.
- Access the complete text and images online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Make informed decisions by expanding your understanding of the physical principles of equipment, the rationale for its use, delivery systems for inhalational anesthesia, systems monitoring, hazards and safety features, maintenance and quality assurance, special situations/equipment for non-routine adult anesthesia, and future directions for the field.
- Ensure patient safety with detailed advice on risk management and medicolegal implications of equipment use.
"This is comprehensive, easy to read, and well indexed. The illustrations, including real-life photos as well as graphs and figures, are outstanding. The time had come for an update, and this edition goes above and beyond. It is an outstanding and vital contribution to the field, and a must-have for all locations where anesthesia is administered."-Martin Dauber, MD(Universityof Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) Doody Review: 5 stars
"All areas of the book are beautifully illustrated with some excellent pictures and diagrams. The authors have made a tremendous effort to ensure the book is up-to-date and have included chapters on electrical safety with excellent explanations and diagrams. Unfortunately, learning about American electrical safety systems could be confusing and misleading for the European reader... ...although it does reference European differences throughout." Reviewed by: I. Wrench on behalf of British Journal of Anaesthesia; Date: February 2014
By Jan Ehrenwerth, MD; James B. Eisenkraft, MD, MRCP(UK), FFARCS and James M Berry, MD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee