Nutrition Concepts Online for Williams' Basic Nutrition and Diet Therapy (Access Code), 14th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Deepen your understanding of the most important nutrition concepts with this application oriented online course. Used in conjunction with Nix: Williams' Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 14th Edition, Nutrition Concepts Online integrates illustrations, animations, interactive exercises, and quizzes to reinforce your comprehension and provide an exciting, interactive learning experience.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Versatile modular format allows for learning online, in classrooms or in blended learning environments.
- Web based research activities and exercises provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help students identify areas needing additional study.
- Case studies accompany modules challenging students to work through a realistic situation relating to module content.
- Discussion boards for students and instructors keep learning on track
- Learning objectives help you focus your study on the most important nutrition basics, lifespan, community related nutrition and nutrition therapy concepts.
- Reading assignments highlight textbook material and provide critical thinking questions to help you read and review more efficiently.
- Animations bring nutrition concepts to life with visual instructions and explanations of a process or system, such as digestion.
- Quizzes evaluate your understanding of all the major topics covered in a particular lesson.
- Web based research activities, nutrient and diet analysis exercises, growth chart and diet design practice provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help you identify areas needing additional study.
- Access to the new online version of Nutritrac Nutrition Analysis, a nutrition and weight management program, with additional tools for learning including an expanded food database of over 5,000 foods in 18 different categories and a listing of more than 150 activities
By Staci Nix, MS, RD, CD, Assistant Professor, Division of Nutrition, College of Health, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT