Dental Materials - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Properties and Manipulation
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Focusing on the dental materials most commonly used, this comprehensive text covers the tasks that dental assistants and hygienists typically perform. It describes current and emerging dental materials, how to properly mix and apply them, and how to explain them to patients. With this edition, you'll stay on top of the rapidly developing field of dental materials!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Instructional videos on the Evolve website provide a clear, step-by-step guide to taking and pouring impressions, and trimming models.
- More than 60 new illustrations have been added, and are clearer than ever.
- Content updates keep you current with the latest changes in dental materials.
- A total of over 250 detailed illustrations are included in this edition.
- Learning Objectives list the knowledge you should gain in each chapter.
- Margin notes help you understand and remember key points and important terminology.
- Tables make it easy to compare different brands and to compare components and properties within materials.
- Quick Review boxes help you remember essential material and prepare for self-tests.
- Self-tests in each chapter help you evaluate your understanding of the material.
- Conversion Factors on the inside back cover offer a convenient list of commonly used metric measurements.
- The glossary lists all important terms in one accessible section.
- Supplementary Readings in each chapter list resources to promote further study.
By John M. Powers, PhD, Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas and John C. Wataha, DMD, PhD, Chair, Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington