Nursing Care Plans - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes
New to This Edition
- Updated content incorporates the latest evidence-based data and best practice guidelines to help you provide the highest quality nursing care.
- Revised and expanded rationales include explanations for nursing interventions to help you understand what the nurse does and why.
- Expanded and more specific outcome statements for each nursing diagnosis help you develop measurable patient outcomes.
- New content on patient safety and preventable complications addresses national initiatives and discusses the nurse's responsibility in preventing complications such as falls, pressure ulcers, infections, etc. QSEN competencies are integrated throughout.
- 11 new disorder care plans include:
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Breast Reduction
- Pelvic Relaxation Disorder
- 6 new nursing diagnoses care plans include:
- Impaired Dentition
- Disturbed Energy Field
- Readiness for Enhanced Immunization
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post-Trauma Syndrome
- Relocation Stress Syndrome
- Includes the most extensive array of care plans found in any nursing care planning book, with 68 nursing diagnosis care plans and 143 disease/disorder/procedure care plans, for a total of 211.
- An introductory chapter explains essential concepts such as the components of a care plan, NIC and NOC classification systems, and how to create a care plan.
- Pre-formatted nursing diagnosis care plans include a NANDA definition, a brief explanation of the diagnosis, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Pre-formatted disorders care plans include synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a clear and succinct definition of the disorder, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC interventions and NOC outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Eye-catching icons differentiate between dependent and independent interventions to help you better understand how to function in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- An Online Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website includes all 68 nursing diagnoses care plans in the text, enabling you to customize care plans for an individual patient. In addition, 25 pre-formatted bonus medical-surgical care plans are provided for viewing online or printing.
By Meg Gulanick, PhD, APRN, FAAN, Professor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois and Judith L. Myers, RN, MSN, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa