Nursing Diagnosis Handbook - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Use this convenient resource to formulate nursing diagnoses and create individualized care plans! Updated with the most recent NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 9th Edition shows you how to build customized care plans using a three-step process: assess, diagnose, and plan care. It includes suggested nursing diagnoses for over 1,300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states. Authors Elizabeth Ackley and Gail Ladwig use Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) information to guide you in creating care plans that include desired outcomes, interventions, patient teaching, and evidence-based rationales.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! 4 Color text
- NEW! Includes updated 2012-2014 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses
- NEW! Provides the latest NIC/NOC, interventions, and rationales for every care plan.
- NEW! QSEN Safety interventions and rationales
- NEW! 100 NCLEX exam-style review questions are available on the companion Evolve website.
- NEW! Root Causing Thinking and Motivational Interviewing appendixes on the companion Evolve website
- Unique! Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website offers hands-on practice creating customized plans of care.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
- Suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes in each care plan.
- Recent and classic research examples promote evidence-based interventions and rationales.
By Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; President, The Betty Ackley LLC, Jackson, MI and Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; Co-Owner and Nursing Consultant, Holistic Choices; Healing Touch Practitioner, Jackson, MI