Case Studies and Clinical Simulations for Respiratory Care (Retail Access Card)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Case Studies and Clinical Simulations for Respiratory Care, 1st Edition, give students the most comprehensive and realistic review for the difficult Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE) portion of the NBRC registry exam. Featuring real-life patient management scenarios in a computerized test-taking environment modeled after the NBRC CSE experience, this versatile review prepares students to succeed both in the classroom and in the real-world clinical setting.Table of Contents
- UNIQUE! Clinical simulations offer real-life patient management scenarios that provide users with the chance to practice information gathering and decision making before taking the very difficult NBRC CSE portion of the RRT exam or before moving into the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Case Studies with patient data records provide real-world samples of similar charted patient data you will likely see in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Software compatibility makes the program ideal in various learning management system (LMS) environments and future 3PPs.
- Scoring scale similar to NBRC’s CSE provides familiarity and practice for real-life testing.
- Software program recreates the NBRC CSE experience so that you can become more comfortable with the computer testing format, focus more on what is best for the patient and less on how the computer works.
- Branching logic format for the clinical simulations is similar to the testing feature used on the NBRC CSE, presenting a logical progression and creating a "cause and effect" style of learning.
- High-quality lung and heart sounds, radiographic images, waveforms, and other images provide realistic patient assessment data.
- NBRC-style multiple choice questions include rationales for both correct and incorrect answers to aid in content review and self-evaluation.
- Well-respected respiratory care author with vast experience in writing clinical simulations ensures that critical content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
- Examples of pathologic conditions, case studies and clinical simulations support key content found in any respiratory care program and support the NBRC CSE content outline.
By James R. Sills, MEd, CPFT, RRT, Professor Emeritus, Former Director, Respiratory Care Program, Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL