Critical Care Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Diagnosis and Management
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Adaptable to any nursing framework, this classic resource provides clear, comprehensive coverage of every aspect of critical care nursing practice. It's organized in nine units around alterations in body systems, with a focus on evidence-based practice, collaborative management, and patient safety. The depth and scope of this textbook make it a long-lasting value that you will rely on throughout nursing school and well into clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Combined chapter on shock, sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome makes understanding similar physiologic processes easier.
- Chapter summaries provide quick study guides by organizing key information in the chapter.
- New! 6-second, standard ECG strips help you learn to identify wave forms and accurately reflect what you’ll use in practice.
- New equipment information and photos accurately depicts what you’ll encounter in a modern critical care unit.
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit allows you to use this book as a one-stop resource for your critical care nursing education, as well as a reference for the relevant assessment techniques, lab values, and patient management principles needed by practicing nurses.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes reinforce practice guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care.
- Case studies in each chapter help you internalize and apply chapter content to clinical situations.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Patient Safety Alerts provide key information for special safety issues to keep safety in the forefront of your mind.
- Nursing Management Plans of Care appendix provides detailed, clinically-relevant care plans tied to 35 different NANDA nursing diagnoses.
- Highlighted QSEN content makes it easy to identify QSEN competencies as they relate to critical care nursing.
- Internet Resources box provides a list of key websites from leading organizations in critical care.
By Linda D. Urden, DNSc, RN, CNS, NE-BC, FAAN, Professor and Coordinator, Executive Nurse Leader Graduate Program. University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA; Kathleen M. Stacy, PhD, RN, CNS, CCRN, PCCN, CCNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist--Intermediate Care Unit, Palomar Medical Center, Escondido, CA; Adjunct Faculty Member, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA and Mary E. Lough, PhD, RN, CNS, CCRN, CNRN, CCNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical/Surgical/Neuroscience/Trauma ICU, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA; Clinical Professor, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA