Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The only respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment! By performing a thorough patient assessment, you'll be able to assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, in evaluating the treatment's effectiveness, and in determining if changes in the treatment need to be made. The book's comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects and topics of assessment. This edition is streamlined to emphasize learning objectives. And you can prepare for the CRT exam more effectively with the new NBRC Exam Matrix Correlation Guide!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Correlation of content to the NBRC combined CRT/RRT exam matrices is provided on the Evolve companion website, helping you prepare for these difficult exams by cross-referencing material within the book to the NBRC exam matrices for the CRT and RRT credentialing exams.
- NEW! Emphasis on infection control includes expanded content on topics such as the prevention and treatment of VAP (ventilator-associated pneumonia) and nosocomial infections in the hospital and home setting.
- NEW or expanded coverage includes cardiopulmonary symptoms, neurologic assessment, blood gas interpretation, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- NEW! Expert authors Albert Heuer and Craig Scanlan are well-known, recognized educators in the field of respiratory therapy.
- NEW! List of common abbreviations on the inside front cover offers quick and easy access to abbreviations and acronyms used in the text and throughout the profession.
- A comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects of assessment, so you can assess patients effectively.
- Case studies offer real-life clinical scenarios challenging you to interpret data and make accurate patient assessments.
- Assessment questions help you review by reflecting the learning objectives and the NBRC Exam format, with answers including rationales for correct answer options.
- Ask Yourself boxes list questions that you should ask patients (e.g., coughing, sputum, shortness of breath) or ask yourself (e.g., lung sounds you are hearing, blood pressure, respiratory rate).
- Simply Stated boxes highlight and promote understanding of important concepts.
- Learning objectives, chapter outlines, chapter overviews, and key terms lists begin each chapter, preparing you for the key topics and content you will learn.
- Key Point summaries at the end of each chapter emphasize the learning objectives and provide an overview of important material.
By Al Heuer, PhD, MBA, RRT, RPFT, Associate Professor and Program Director, Respiratory Care Program, School o fHealth Related Professions, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey