Polysomnography for the Sleep Technologist
Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Related Procedures
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$129.00|
The only sleep technology text written by experienced polysomnography educators, Polysomnography for the Sleep Technologist: Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Related Procedures covers the procedural knowledge you need to understand sleep studies. A sequential learning model systematically covers electronics, instrumentation, recording parameters, data acquisition, ancillary equipment, troubleshooting, recording quality, infection control, basic positive pressure therapy, and cardiopulmonary monitoring and intervention essential to polysomnography.Table of Contents
- In-depth discussions of polysomnographic technology
- Expert content written by the same authors who were instrumental in producing a standardized model curriculum outline.
- Unique sequential approach builds concepts over time and simplifies the material’s complexity.
- Over 150 full-color graphs, charts, and illustrations supply visual guidance.
- End-of-chapter review questions help you assess your knowledge and prepare for certification as a sleep technologist.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms and a bulleted chapter summary supplies a standard format to help you identify and focus on key content.
By Bonnie Robertson, AAHA, CRT, RPSGT, President
Robertson Sleep Medicine Consulting
St. Francis Hospitals
Operations, Sleep Disorders Program
8051 South Emerson Avenue, 310
Indianapolis, IN 46237; Buddy Marshall, MEd, CRT-SDS, RST, RPSGT, Sleep Technology Program Director
Baptist Health Schools Little Rock
11900 Colonel Glenn Road
Little Rock, AR 72210
and Margaret-Ann Carno, PhD, MBA, CPNP, D, ABSM, FNAP
, Assistant Professor of Clincial Nursing and Pediatrics
University of Rochester
601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642