Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Measurement of Health Outcomes
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; This text standardizes the terminology and criteria for measurable or desirable outcomes as a result of interventions performed by nurses. Clinicians, students, educators, researchers, and administrators in a variety of clinical, educational and research venues can use the classification, which serves as an important focus for both cost containment and effective care. This new edition is even more comprehensive and includes specific indicators that can be used as intermediate outcomes or to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes 58 brand-new outcome labels that address important issues such as burn healing and burn recovery, cancer management, preterm infant care, and drug abuse cessation behavior.
- Provides 67 revised outcome labels that supply the most up-to-date information on a wide variety of outcomes, including caregiver stressors, asthma self-management, substance use control, and pain level.
- Supplies 385 research-based nursing outcome labels to provide standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Provides links between NOC outcomes and NANDA nursing diagnoses to promote clinical decision-making.
- Presents a definition, a list of indicators, a publication facts line, and references for each outcome.
By Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; Marion Johnson, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA and Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA