Clinical Guide to Sonography - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Organized by clinical problem rather than by body system, Clinical Guide to Sonography enables you to quickly find information related to the symptom being reported by the patient. This unique format covers various pathologies that may be related to a patient's symptoms, and features illustrations and sonograms that demonstrate each pathology. The book is divided into five major sections: abdomen, obstetrics, gynecology, superficial structures, and a miscellaneous section to include pediatric and vascular clinical indications. Each chapter within those sections focuses on a clinical indication, and incorporates background information, a clinical scenario, discussions of pathologies and differential diagnoses, illustrations, sonograms, patient scenarios with multiple choice and case-based questions to ensure you have a solid understanding of the material.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters provide you with more complete coverage of the pathology sonographers encounter in practice.
- New case studies with critical-thinking questions set up realistic situations for you to use as a frame of reference.
- 600 updated images produced by the latest technology keep you on the cutting-edge of sonography.
- Instructor access to multiple-choice and image based test questions
- Symptom-based presentation makes it easy for beginning and experienced sonographers to quickly find information related to the patient’s symptom.
- Summary tables of differential diagnoses and sonographic findings provide you with a brief overview of all chapter material for quick reference.
- Clinical scenarios at the beginning of each chapter help you learn to apply information to the clinical setting.
- Case studies and discussion questions give you the opportunity to enhance your critical-thinking skills and measure your comprehension of material.
- Over 900 ultrasound images correlated to the pathology illustrate what you’ll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Glossary helps you define important terminology.
By Charlotte Henningsen, MS, RT, RDMS, RVT, Chair and Professor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Department, Orlando, FL; Kathryn Kuntz, MEd, RT(R), RDMS, RVT, FSDMS, Assistant Professor, Radiology
Electronic Curriculum Coordinator
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
Sonography Education & Accreditation Consulting, Inc
and Diane J. Youngs, MEd, RDMS, RVT, Program Director
Mayo School of Health Sciences Sonography Program
Assistant Professor of Radiology
College of Medicine