Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Focusing on one projection per page, Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy, 7th Edition includes all of the positioning and projection information you need to know in a clear bulleted format. Positioning photos, radiographic images, and anatomical images, along with projection and positioning information, help you visualize anatomy and produce the most accurate images. With over 200 of the most commonly requested projections, this text includes all of the essential information for clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Over 150 new positioning photos and updated radiographic images provide the latest information for producing accurate images.
- Labeled radiographs identify key radiographic anatomy and landmarks to help you easily identify anatomy.
- More content on digital radiography describes cutting-edge developments in digital technology, including digital imaging quality factors, CR/DR exposure, and more.
- Radiographic Critique points out positioning errors to help you produce more accurate images.
- Pathologic Indications list and define common pathologies to help you produce radiographs that make diagnosis easier for the physician.
- Pediatric Applications and Geriatric Applications prepare you to deal with the needs of special populations, with information on exposure factors, positioning and shielding, and more.
- Alternative Modalities or Procedures explain how additional projections or imaging modalities can supplement general radiographic exams best demonstrate specific anatomy or pathology.
- Radiographic Criteria for each projection provide standards for evaluating the quality of each radiograph and help you produce the highest quality images.
- Pathology Demonstrated explains why a projection is needed or what pathology is demonstrated and provides you with a greater understanding of the reasoning behind each projection.
By Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R), Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R) and John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ