Oral Radiology, 7th Edition
Principles and Interpretation
NOT YET PUBLISHED
With more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations, Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation, 7th Edition visually demonstrates the basic principles of oral and maxillofacial radiology along with their clinical application. First, you’ll gain a solid foundation in radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection. Then you’ll learn intraoral and extraoral imaging techniques, including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT. The second half of the book focuses on how to recognize the radiographic features of pathologic conditions and interpret radiographs accurately. This edition also includes new chapters on forensics and cone-beam imaging. Written by oral radiology experts Stuart White and Michael Pharoah, this bestselling book helps you provide state-of-the-art care!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW chapter on cone-beam imaging keeps you current with emerging field requirements.
- NEW coverage of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) includes more of the normal anatomy of cross-sectional images of the maxilla and mandible along with variations of normal anatomy.
- NEW! An eBook version makes the content interactive and portable, and shows radiographs in high resolution.
- An easy-to-follow format simplifies the key radiographic features of each pathologic condition, including location, periphery, shape, internal structure, and effects on surrounding structures - placed in context with clinical features, differential diagnosis, and management.
- UPDATED information addresses the etiology and diagnosis of diseases and pathologic conditions in the orofacial region.
- Updated coverage of all aspects of oral radiology includes the entire predoctoral curriculum.
- A wide array of radiographs including advanced imaging such as MRI and CT.
- Hundreds of drawings are updated and rendered in full color.
- Case studies apply imaging concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Expert contributors include many authors with worldwide reputations.
- Chapter bibliographies and suggested readings make it easier to conduct further research.
"The special attractiveness of this book comes from the pleasing combination of well-structured and simple explanations complemented by more than 1000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations which cover more or less the whole area of oral and maxillofacial radiology... Summa summarum, this book can be strongly recommended to the personal library of both students and clinicians." European Journal of Orthodontics, 2009
By Stuart C. White, DDS, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Section of Oral and Maxilofacial Radiology, University of California, School of Dentistry, Center for Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA and Michael J. Pharoah, DDS, Professor, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada