Primary Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
A Collaborative Practice
2007 AJN Book of the Year Award Winner
Now you can get back to the part of your job that matters most...caring for your patients! Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 3rd Edition is a focused and thorough primary care reference that covers a multitude of adult disorders and related issues. It presents disorders alphabetically so you can quickly find what you're looking for and it addresses disorders and issues not usually found in other primary care books including barotrauma, rehabilitation, and domestic violence. Plus, each disorder is discussed from a primary care perspective, so you are given the information you need to treat your adult patients in a caring, cost-effective manner.
New to This Edition
- Includes a new introductory unit concerning the business and practical aspects of nurse practitioner practice.
- New Collaboration in Research chapter contains information regarding the clinical partnership or collaboration with academic colleagues.
- New Population-Based Care chapter addresses the fact that health care systems are beginning to become more community focused. The role of the health care provider is expanding to provide programs that focus on community needs.
- New Chronic Disease Management Teams chapter provides current research-based information regarding a team-oriented approach to care of the patient with chronic health issues.
- New Reimbursement chapter addresses the financial issues facing the NP in private practice.
- New Infectious Diseases unit addresses the most current health care issues in primary care, including mutating infections and emerging infectious diseases.
- Diagnostic and Differential Diagnosis Boxes aid in test selection and diagnosis.
- Includes easy-to-find special icons for Emergency and Physician Referral Boxes to indicate conditions that require immediate referral to a specialist or emergency room.
- Health Promotion Content in many sections highlight the importance of health teaching and health promotion in the care of patients.
- Management sections incorporate evidence-based recommendations including specialty organization guideline recommendations and current, ongoing research findings.
- Collaborative format recognizes the importance of comprehensive, cost-effective collaborative patient care.
- Features a 10-page, 4-color plate section with high-quality photos of physical findings.
- Thoroughly covers cardiac conditions and office emergencies, areas not usually discussed in detail in other primary care texts.
By Terry Mahan Buttaro, PhD, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, FAANP, Assistant Clinical Professor, Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts; Adjunct Faculty, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, Massachusetts; Coastal Medical Associates, Salisbury, Massachusetts; JoAnn Trybulski, PhD, ANP-BC, DPNAP, Associate Professor of Clinical Nursing, Associate Dean for DNP Program, University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies, Miami, Florida; Patricia Polgar Bailey, MS, MPH, APRN, BC, FNP, CDE, BC-ADM, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Manager, UVa-Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Charlottesville, Virginia and Joanne Sandberg-Cook, MS, APRN, BC, ANP, GNP, ACHPN, Adult/Gerontologic Nurse Practitioner, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire; Instructor in Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire