Maternal Child Nursing Care, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written by the foremost experts in maternity and pediatric nursing, Maternal Child Nursing Care, 5th Edition offers the accurate, practical information you need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the NCLEX® examination. This new edition offers numerous content updates throughout the text to keep you up-to-date on the latest topics and best practices. Plus hundreds of illustrations, alert boxes, and tables clarify key content and help you quickly find essential information.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Content updates throughout the text give you the latest information on topics such as the late preterm infant, fetal heart rate pattern identification, obesity in the pregnant woman, shaken baby syndrome/traumatic brain injury, Healthy People 2020, car restraints, immunizations, and childhood obesity.
- NEW! Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes including QSEN KSAs (knowledge, skills, attitudes) provide the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- NEW! Medication Alerts stress medication safety concerns for better therapeutic management.
- NEW! Safety Alerts highlighted and integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric unit teach you how to provide competent and effective care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, supply resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Critical thinking case studies offer opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply knowledge in various settings.
- Emergency boxes in the maternity unit guide you through step-by-step emergency procedures.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Family-Centered Care boxes highlight the needs or concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
By Shannon E. Perry, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA; Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, Professor
Duke School of Nursing;
Chair, Duke Institutional Research Board
Durham, North Carolina
; Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC and David Wilson, MS, RNC-NIC, Staff Nurse, Pediatric Emergency Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK, USA