Ebersole and Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the only gerontological nursing text that follows a wellness-based, holistic approach to older adult care. Designed to facilitate healthy aging regardless of the situation or disease process, this text goes beyond simply tracking recommended treatments to address complications, alleviate discomfort, and help older adults lead healthy lives. Featuring evidence-based practice boxes, safety alerts, expanded tables, and careful attention to age, gender, and cultural differences, Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the most complete text on the market.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED! Healthy People 2020 boxes integrate information about healthy aging.
- NEW! Safety Alerts highlight safe practices and quality of care QSEN competencies.
- NEW! Chapter on Neurologic Compromise expands content on stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
- Focus on health and wellness helps you gain an understanding of the patient’s experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing core competencies integrated throughout.
- Consistent chapter organization and pedagogy, including Learning Objectives, Glossary, and Research and Study Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences helps you understand these important considerations in caring for older adults
- Expanded tables, boxes, and forms, including the latest scales and guidelines for proper health assessment make information easy to find and use.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter equip you with the information you need to assess the patient.
"The text is also well supported with a variety of student and academic resources, which can be accessed through the publisher’s website. Thus a particular strength of the book is that it can be used as the core component of a wide ranging and interactive learning experience. I consider this text valuable learning material for all nurses who work with older adults and I would particularly recommend it for undergraduate nursing students and postgraduate students specialising in the field." Nurse Education in Practice,November 2009
By Theris A. Touhy, DNP, CNS, DPNAP, Emeritus Professor
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, Florida and Kathleen F Jett, PhD, GNP-BC, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA